The four year, Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology is available at the UConn campuses in West Hartford, Waterbury, and Torrington . A regular rotation of course offerings make it possible for Psychology majors at these campuses to complete the degree requirements without having to transfer to the Storrs campus. Small class sizes, easy access, and lower fees make this an attractive alternative for obtaining a degree in Psychology from the University of Connecticut.
- Provides Liberal Arts Education.
- Develops critical thinking and analytic skills adaptable to diverse career paths.
- Includes the study of the Social Science and Natural Science perspectives in Psychology.
- Emphasizes research and field experience.
- Is the largest undergraduate major at UConn
Declaring Psychology Major and Assignment of Academic Advisor
Any UConn students accepted into the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) may declare psychology as a major. Freshmen declaring psychology as a major during the application process, during freshmen registration, or at Freshman Orientation will be immediately assigned an advisor in their major. Students who wish to declare psychology as a major at any point during their academic career will be assigned an advisor after submitting a Petition for School or College Change Form at the Dean of Students Offices.
Petition for School or College Change Locations
- Greater Hartford Campus: Library Building, Room 203 – Nadine Brennan
- Waterbury Campus: Main Office – Stuart Brown
- Torrington Campus: Main Office – Judy DiLaurenzio
- Additional undergraduate advising information
Psychology Experiments - Experiments Sign-Up
Psych 1100/1101 Students
- If you are a student in Psych 1100 or Psych 1101 at one of the regional campuses, you may sign up for participation in experiments (to get your experimental credit/extra credit). Here is the Student Login page.
Experimenter Running Studies
- If you are an experimenter running studies using the regional campus participant pool, you will need an experimenter ID to login. Follow this link to the Experimenter ID page.
Please Note: If you access the pool off-campus, you must first login to UConn VPN at http://vpn.uconn.edu and then type in the address to this webpage (near the top of the page once in VPN, there is a grey bar, with a white box for typing in—it is immediately to the left of the Browse button (type http://tricampus.psy.uconn.edu/asp/exppool/ there). Then you can login.